CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2013 my way.

its taken a little bit of time for me to decide what i really want out of this year and put that into words. i didnt want to make a new years resolution or an empty promise like giving up chocolate, like that would EVER happen haha.

and so i decided in 2013 i am going to focus on..ME!
the good part about this is it can include a lot of things and be applied into a lot of different areas. i spent the last half of 2012 getting rid of things in my life that were not healthy, like my weight and incesant knee pain. and moving on from things that werent going in the right direction, like my relationship and a few friendships. and really starting to find out what the important things are to me, finishing school and figuring out where i want my career to go eventually. and finding out what an amazing support system i have that reaches farther then i could have ever imagined.

now i can move forward in this brand new year and focus on me. i have some big plans i cant quite reveal quite yet, mostly because they arent formed yet lol. but here are some im thinking about:

*i would love to get into volunteering
im not sure in what yet exactly. the military in some form or working with kids are the areas im thinking about.
with my old store!
a very long time ago at the boys and girls club.
*finish school
this is techinically over but it was a big thing right at the beginning of the year.
*possibly rec sports
some of my ragnar teammates play volleyball and softball so im really thinking about joining now that im done with school!
*enjoy running
while this is something i already do, last year i did a lot of learning and didnt even realize it till i looked back. i had a blast last year and didnt even really stop to enjoy it all. must slow down to soak it all in. and hopefully add another state or two to my map of ones i have run in. 
boom. a warrior.
 *work on my mindset
i made some really big decisions and changes last year. its time to appreciate that the heartache happened and move to a new mental state that this is my time to figure out what i want out of my future.
Pinned Image
*clean out my closet
this i am actually going to do tonight. i have soo many things that dont fit anymore because they are just way too big and i cant even try to doctor it up into fitting. time to get rid of all the things holding me back!
*not be so hard on myself
some days this is easier said than done. i am only 27, which seems old at times, but so young at others. i make mistakes, i make good decisions, all of which has led me into the person i have become and will continue to grow into.
Pinned Image
*surround myself with good people
today i got a text from a friend celebrating a major milestone that not everyone would love. it was so inspiring and heartwarming that she a. included me and b. had healed from a sucky situation to now be excited about forward is amazing. i am so lucky to have her and so many others like her in my life that i need to grab on to it and learn as much as i can. it also just lifts your spirit more when you have those good ones there:)

i dont have it all figured out yet, not even close. theres a bigger plan for me in all this i know it. sure would be nice to know a little bit about what that is:) but i do know for sure that 2013 is going to get me on the right path to find out whats in store for me down the road!

2 comments:

Caroline @ Fighting For Wellness said...

It sounds like you have a great 2013 planned! I also have cleaning out my closest on my list of challenges for 2013: http://fightingforwellness.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/a-year-of-13-challenges/

I'd also love to volunteer in some way with the military.

Unknown said...

LOVE this post. You're inspiring in your way, and don't you forget that! Looking forward to following along for another year! :)

AND SEE YOU SOON! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...