CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

the ode to running.

happy national running day! i got my miles in this morning and it was one of the best runs i have had in quite awhile. my legs just kept going and going, you have to love those mornings. it made me, like many others think about my running and what it has done for me in the last 3 years. now i know you have all read the runniversary stories (year 2 and 3) but this is a little different...

i run to...

*have days that start out like today
amazing run!
*enjoy a cupcake from time to time
its all about balance my friends :)

*share the joy of running
ive been lucky enough to be there for some new runners and their 1st steps all the way to their 1st race! if that doesnt renew your faith in running i dont know what will :)

*stay healthy
i know it sounds silly and like a no-brainer. but it has really kept me on track.

*get some bling
i mean really, the clothes and the bling is half the reason i run!
seriously, you thought i was joking ;)
*reconnect with old friends via social media
sometimes you lose touch you went to college or high school with. for some reason no matter how long its been since you last talked, running can be the best ice breaker!

*go from this...
summer 2006.

to this...
today.
*meet new people that push me to the next level
if i hadnt joined my runner group i would have never done a triathlon or gotten dangerously close to my new sub-2 hour goal!

*find myself
before this i dont think i realized how lost i really was. running has helped me figure out who i really am!


so heres to a great new year of running! may you all find the motivation you need to keep placing one foot in front of the other to reach that next mile :)

1 comment:

Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie said...

I love this post :) It makes me realize how special running really is! I always feel like I want to share it with everyone I know and I want them to love it as much as I do!

I love your running medal displays! They are sooo cute! I need to do something fun with all of mine..they are just hanging up in my kitchen on my apron rack haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...